Friday, June 27, 2008

What's wrong with this picture?

The past couple of rides, I have been trying out the eLoad Heat Endurance Formula drink.  Some other products I have tried are Nuun, Mototabs, and Gu.  Initial impressions are very positive.  I will give a detailed review after using it for a longer period of time.

I rode the alpine loop again--Vivian to the summit and back to Vivian.  I must have seen a dozen roadies.  Other bikers help me push myself a bit harder--every time I see another rider, I have to maintain my ego/image by getting out of the saddle and dancing on the pedals.  

There were three roadies coming down the Provo side as I was riding up just past Sundance.  Later as I was leaving the summit on my way back down, these same three guys came rolling in.  What animals!!  I assume they came up the AF side, down Provo, and back up again.  

I heard some creaks coming out of my bottom bracket when I would stand and pedal.  I better figure it out - I never like hearing creaking or ticking like that.

The descent (my favorite part) was awesome as usual.  The bugs are getting bigger and I was lucky not to take one in the soup strainer.  After reading some blogs about taking notice of our surroundings, I did stop for a few minutes in the aspen trees above aspen grove just to relax and take in the beauty of the place. I'm a religious person and enjoyed a few minutes to ponder and pray.

I rushed back to the office just in time to join some of the guys from the office for lunch at Rumbi.  I had some fish tacos that I felt I had earned from my ride.  I highly recommend the fish tacos--The sauce on them is incredible (isn't it always about the sauce??)

I've included a picture of Joe below.  Joe is mid 60's.  Joe is a very experienced businessman whom I consider one of my mentor's.  If you look closely at the picture, he is in flip-flops, 8 feet up in a tree, sporting some very handsome orange shorts, and wielding a chain saw.  As I watched this, I thought, everything is wrong with this....including the shorts.  



2 comments:

kajohnson said...

I love the product reviews-kj

Dirty D said...

let me know if you have any questions about nuun that we can answer for ya.

cheers!
delanie & the team at nuun