Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Alpine Loop Ride w/ Random people

Is this March or June?  I never thought I would be wearing my cold weather riding gear in June.

I rode from Vivian Park to the top of the Alpine loop again.  Along the way, I met a photographer, Kenny, from Pleasant Grove.  He was waiting for the sun to co
me out so he could get his shot of the Aspens.  Nice guy.  He was working the old school photography, no digital/battery stuff.

I also passed some chinese ladies who were picking plants amongst the Aspens.  They had armfuls of the stuff.  One lady had some funky chinese characters tattooed on her face. WEIRD.
  
I thought I would be the only person on the loop today.

I saw one other biker at the summit who came up the AF side.  He was riding a cannondale and sporting a sweet hunter orange cabelas backpack.

You never realize how strong your tailwind is until you have to turn around and go against it.  On the way down where I normally get
to 50 mph, I was only able to get to 43 mph. 

If you look close at the picture, you can see a fawn.  The picture makes i
t look far away, but it was actually pretty close.

One week from this Saturday, the High Uintah Classic.  My friend Matt and I are going after the 80 mile competitive citizen category.  The goal is to finish, not necessarily compete.  

I called Racer's today.  He has my Ksryium ES wheelset.  He's had them for three weeks.  I'm still waiting for him to press in the new ceramic bearings.  I keep crossing my fingers he can get it done by the first of next week.











No comments: