Saturday, June 14, 2008

"It means Luca Brassi sleeps with the fishes"

My intention was to do the Provo Canyon triple (Squaw, South Fork, and Alpine Loop) Saturday morning.  Things slowly changed beginning with dinner Friday night at Gloria's Little Italy (300 South in Provo - Fun place if your a fan of the Godfather).  The place was packed, but the food was delicious.  I had baked salmon that was awesome.  My only complaint was that it took way too long.  The gnocchi was killer too--and the desserts..... Needless to say, I ate too much and was laid out flat for the rest of the night.  


I woke up later than I planned, and had time for one peak.  I went up Squaw.  The traffic was light at 7:30 am as to be expected.  I climbed well frequently getting out of the saddle.  The canyon wind was brisk but not too bad.  There was no traffic on the descent, but the wind kept me from hitting my 50 mph.


One week until the High Uintah Classic.  I'll do some light rides this week--nothing too hard.  The weather looks like it will be perfect.  

I'm going to wrap my handlebars tonight.




1 comment:

Pitcherpost said...

Just did the sprint tri this morning, I feel like crap. I was 4 minutes slower than last time two years ago. Mel was almost two minutes faster than her old time. The swim sucked, I got t-boned by a clydsedale who had his internal compass eschewed. Bike went well, no problems, run was a pain, sand in my shoes gave me some sore spots, legs were tired. All this behind me now, I'm thinking about another one in two weeks. I can't wait to get out west. Nice pics. What's the deal with that bottle, how do you make plastic not taste like plastic? Let me know if it doesn't taste like plastic because I also can't stand the taste of plastic, j/k, I eat a spoon of shredded sandwich bags for breakfast everyday.