Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My wife is going to blow a gasket

If your married, you've been probably been in this position before--Something happens that makes you feel like your wife is a time bomb that could go off at anytime.  You can either try to diffuse it or just ignore it and hope it doesn't blow.

I went golfing yesterday (picture of my friend Ben shown-Even though it looks like he hit a great shot in the picture, the result was a pretty weak shot--he must have forgot to put down his purse... lol ) with some people-and yes, it was business related.  As we were golfing at hobblecreek (cell reception is sketchy), I got an email from my secretary "Your wife is trying to get a hold of you."  A few moments later I got another message from my secretary "I told her you were golfing."  I emailed her back "I hope you didn't."  She wasn't joking, she had really told my wife I was golfing.  She of course did not mention to my wife that it was with investors.  My wife is usually cool about things, but when she is at home wrestling four kids, she is usually not too happy when I'm out having fun even if it is work related.

I fully expected my wife to go nuclear on me when I got home.  Amazingly, she was cool about it--major sigh of relief.  She even let me go raft the provo river that afternoon. 

Today (Wed.) my friend Matt and headed up early to drive the race course for Saturday (High Uintah Classic).  Even though I am born and raised in Utah, I have never been over the bald mountain pass/mirror lake scenic byway.  What amazing beautiful country.  This will be an awesome ride on Saturday.

The steepest part of the ride comes about mile 22 which continues to the summit at 29.5 miles.  I'm not sure what the grade is, but it isn't worse than anything on the alpine loop.


2 comments:

kajohnson said...

glad that Kate didn't blow a gasket. Kara

Miles: said...

Me too - She's not happy with me because of the race Saturday.