Monday, June 9, 2008

What do all these people do for work?





















I went for another ride today from Vivian Park to the top of the Alpine loop, out and back to Cascade Springs, and back to Vivian.  I passed several roadies and thought "don't these guys have to work?"  Then I thought, "Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?"

Anyways, it was a beautiful day.  The ride up Provo side went well.  I didn't push hard because I know I would add on the Cascade Springs leg which I have never done before.

As I was dropping down to Cascade Springs, I kept thinking "Am I nuts? I'm going to have to come back up this.....".  At the Cascade parking lot I met another roadie--Todd N. (I can't remember--sorry).  Anyways, here is a link to his blog eatsleepmtb.blogspot.com.  As you can see in the pic, he also rides a sweet Scott CR1.  We rode half of the way back up together.  I was gasping for air while he calmly carried on a conversation.  His heart rate was at 132 while mine was at 156.  I could tell he was taking it easy and being nice riding along with me.  I finally told him to dust me and he did.  I dragged myself back to the alpine loop eventually.
I ran into a couple of other roadies at the top of the loop.  They were riding a Fuji, and a Ferrazzi.  Being the gadget nut that I am, we talked for a moment about the ferrazzi bikes. Todd can attest that I'm a gadget nut.  I kept asking questions about his SRAM group and talking powermeters and GPS stuff.

Now, you may be wondering why I posted a pic of my beautiful feet on a scale.  Let me give some background.  Four or Five years ago, I topped out on a scale at 230 lbs.  I made a goal to do an adventure race and drop some weight.  I made it 
down to 178 at the time I did the Jordanelle tri.  January 2008 I had put back on some weight--I weighed 204.  This morning was the first time I have been in the 160's since 1993.  
While I feel real happy about my weight loss, and progress on the bike, days like today are piece of humble pie.  I have a lot of work to do before my August events.  Thanks to Todd for riding along and helping pace me back up half of the Cascade Springs Hill.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get my ride graphs to enlarge and to be more clear.  I take screen captures (png) files.  Any ideas are appreciated.



2 comments:

Eat Sleep MTB said...

Todd, not Mike. It was nice to have someone to ride with, my schedule rarely allows "group" rides.

Miles: said...

Sorry - I must have been dehydrated.