Friday, June 6, 2008

Alpine loop take 2

I rode the loop again today-- well actually, I went up Provo side and back down Provo side. I parked at vivian because of time restraints.  I love the tree that has been tipped over just past Aspen Grove (see picture)--The roots of the tree have grasped some good sized boulders.

I felt great todd all the way to the top. It may have been the new nuun energy drink I had today or it could have been the tailwind. Regardless, I made good time and my legs felt awesome.

I saw four roadies and a couple of mtn bikers.  Other than the traffic, it was really nice.

I prefer coming down Provo side more than the AF side.  Why? First and foremost is the speed.  How can you not love speeds over 50 mph coming down from Sunda

nce.  Second, the section from the summit to aspen grove is a blast with the winding curves--just watch for cars.  












I still want to ride Kamas/Mirror lake, but here is a picture of what the top of the pass looked like on 6/3.  

The pass will be clear for the race on 6/21, but there is still a lot of snow.

I will post my HR & speed chart later.

If I'm lucky, my wife will let me ride squaw peak tomorrow.


No comments: