Friday, June 13, 2008

New products

I bought a couple of new bike accessories to try out. I've heard good things about the Specialized phat bar tape and gel. I decided to go with the white because my wife told me that white is the new black--I have no problem admitting I'm clueless in these matters. I'll do the
install and report later.

I also bought a camelback water bottle that is supposed to prevent  your drink from tasting like a plastic bottle even though it is a plastic bottle. It also has a "no leak" valve. We will see...

Finally, I'm writing this blog entry on my iPhone as an email. While that may be old hat to some, it is a cool feature I've never used.

Miles

1 comment:

KanyonKris said...

I've been curious about those CamelBak bottles - please give a review after you've used them a while.

I put BarPhat on my bars and I'm very happy with the result. My road bike bars have the standard round tubes and on long rides my hands would go numb. With the BarPhat it spreads out the pressure and my hands don't go numb very often. It makes the bars look, well, phatter, but for the increased comfort it was worth it to me.

Not sure I'd go with white - seems like it would get dirty fast and I'm not very dutiful in cleaning my bikes. The black has worked great for me.