Monday, June 16, 2008

Foxes and Tigers

I rode the provo side of the alpine loop again today.  I should be taking it easy this week, but I wanted to 1. test my new bar tape (see pic of my new white bar tape), 2. get used to riding in the heat, 3. work off the fathers day coconut cream pie.
The first section to sundance went well.  I got up out of the saddle and pushed my HR and speed.  From Sundance to Aspen Grove, I was dragging a bit.  The final section, I felt really good.  I worked on keeping my cadence up and pushing the speed.

I passed many roadies both on the way up and down.  Traffic was heavier than it should have been on a Monday afternoon.  I guess everybody was excited to get out in the nice weather.

The tunes for the ride were complements of the very talented Bob Marley.  I forgot my headphones so I turned on my speakerphone which worked quite well.  I usually listen to audiobooks.  However today, some Bob seemed appropriate.

Earlier in the day I went golfing.  I haven't golfed since May 15th. I stunk 
it up.  We did see on cool thing--out at the Sleep Ridge Golf Course, we saw a fox chasing down some mice.  As you can see in the pic, we got fairly close to the guy.

One final note, how about Tiger.  You may not be a golf fan, but the U.S. open was awesome.  What a finish!!!


No comments: