Thursday, June 26, 2008

Garmin problems

Yesterday (Wed.) I rode from the mouth of Provo Canyon to the top of South Fork and then to the top of the Alpine Loop and back. The route ended up being over 40 miles.  I struggled with the ride--whether it was the heat, the workout the day before, or just an off day, I believe it is the days when I don't feel on top of my game that benefits me the most.

On my way down the alpine loop (provo side), my Garmin (edge 305) kept turning off.  It seems to do this when I am on bumpy pavement.  It has become very annoying.  I'm going to contact Garmin and see if there is a recall.  If not, I may be forced to look at the edge 705.  I love my Garmin but I'm frustrated with these outages.

The High Uintas Classic results have been posted.   I raced under comp. citizens 30-39.

Trained in the Gym today - Bike Ride tomorrow (Friday). Should be the coolest day of the week with a high of 88.






1 comment:

Rio's Rider said...

Just found your blog using KanyonKris's handy-dandy Blog Buzz.

My Garmin 305 has been really fickle lately, too. It wouldn't power on the other day, said the battery was low and died (even though I had just charged it)pre-race a couple of weeks ago, and once lost a whole ride when I plugged it into the computer.

Keep us updated if you find anything out about a recall.