Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Jury Duty

Jury Duty


I'm not sure why I'm so lucky to have been chosen for jury duty. Not only being chosen, but the trial is going forward so I have to show up at 8:30 wed morning. I now get to put everything else on hold. The clerk's letter says that 1 out of every 4 jury candidates will be selected to serve on the jury. I'm trying to think of some things to say that can get me disqualified.
  1. I don't like attorneys - I don't like the ones that work for me.
  2. The justice system has become a joke because of the above mentioned attorneys--especially litigators.
  3. I have contracted the swine flu (not really but if it gets me out of jury duty)
  4. I have an lunch appointment up on the bonneville shoreline trail.

Monday Ride
I rode the BST on Monday for lunch. I tried to hook up with southcountyciclista, but missed him. I ran into a few guys who claimed that I had the names of the trails all wrong since they had been riding these trails since 1994 on their lunch breaks (it didn't look like they had been riding too often). I may have the names wrong, but I will post this map in an effort to promote a unifying of the names.


Many local biking bloggers have written of "riding the pipe" in dry canyon. Aaron was the only one who did it on the helloween ride. The pipe is a literal pipe that has been covered with a long strip of concrete. Here is a short clip when I "rode the pipe" on Monday and bit of the dry canyon trail.


1 comment:

Zachary said...

Well....what happened?