Sunday, November 1, 2009

Helloween Ride


I joined the group for a 10:00 pm friday night ride. When I say group, these are a group of guys that I have never met before although I follow their biking blogs. Some funny costumes, some interesting costumes, and some very disturbing costumes. We rode above the BST and dropped down dry canyon. Towards the bottom of dry canyon we rode right through some romantic's campfire. I can only imagine what they thought as 25-30 bikers in costume flew right by their campfire. I left the group at dry canyon and rode home. As I left dry canyon, there were a couple of Lindon cops coming up the road-- Try to imagine how that explanation to the cops would have went.

The ride started with a time trial from the shooting range up to the mouth of the canyon. Everyone contributed a dollar to the pot to go to the winner. I couldn't keep up with the leaders. They flew up the road.
  • I would say that at least half the group was on singlespeeds. I don't think I saw anything but 29'ers.
  • Costumes aside, there were some very nice bikes I was drooling over. Someone was sporting a brand new niner carbon fork.
  • One women rider showed up. Not only was she dressed as a witch on a singlespeed, she was farmer blowing both sides.

Here is a video that Rick put together. He also organized the ride.





These pics were taken by Keith.

Notice the portable speakers on the handlebars. We had 80's glam rock accompanying the ride.
A nurse to help with any injuries on the ride. The nurse, as you can see, was very taken by Kenny's belt buckle.
The organizer - I'm not sure of his real name, but people were calling him Rick.
I don't know what to say about this one.

Here is a pic of the group by the altar.

5 comments:

kajohnson said...

Is this the group that Fatty rides with? You rode w/a blogging celeb? No fair!

Zachary said...

I'm jealous as well, more just because you got to ride on Friday. We got over 12 inches of rain in the month of october :(
Zach

Miles: said...

A bunch of these guys are fatty's friends - he was a no show.

kajohnson said...

I thought that I read mention of Rick's (not really his name)Helloween ride. Looks like a fun group anyhow!

Rick Sunderlage said...

Thanks for coming out and supporting the ride. That pace was brutal at the start. I'm still hurting.