Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Exploring

This is how my mind thinks about riding a mountain bike:

Riding a mountain bike is much better than sitting in an office.
Riding on a dirt road is better than riding a mountain bike on the road.
Riding on up singletrack is better than a dirt road.
Descending on singletrack is best.

Yesterday, I rode up the firing range trail (walked part) and crank, and then descended down ireland. As I neared the bottom, I saw a game trail heading from ireland towards the firing range parking lot. My mind started working and I thought, I would rather descend on a singletrack than the water tank road. I took off following the game trail. The game trail would disappear and reappear as I worked my way back to the firing range trail. The route needs some work, but has potential as a nice return singletrack after ireland.



From AtomicMiles

3 comments:

KanyonKris said...

I've been eying a route back over to the trail head and hoped to find/flag a route next year. But you beat me to it. Do you think the route you took is good? Will it need some work in places? Can we get together and ride the route? I've got some time Thursday - Saturday.

Miles: said...

I think the route is a good start, but definitely needs some adjusting. That would be great to ride it. I'm going to ride early on Thursday at 7:00 am, Friday, will be early afternoon, and Saturday around noon. Let me know now if any of those time work for you.

Ricky said...

This is a great agenda item for tomorrow's lunch meeting!