Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Draper ICUP short report

(Pic pinched from Karl)

I'll summarize a bit of the race and let the video tell the rest of the story.

I really enjoyed the course. I saw quite a few that had wrecked or talked of the length being hard, but every person I spoke with gave 2 thumbs up on the course. Other than the one long climb, all the rest of the climbing came in short bursts.

First lap was a bottleneck for quite a while. It was much better once we hit climb on the dirt road. It was fun to do battle with Brannen all throughout the race. He unfortunately had a spill on the final lap.

I was filming the finish standing next to the organizer of these races - Ed. Our conversation was something like this:
Me: "Have the singlespeeders finished yet"
Ed: "I don't think so..... Did I have them do 3 laps?.... Wow.... Painful.... I just had them do the same amount of laps from last year."


Ended up 5th. I was happy with my race. Brannen and I had no idea how many were in front of us.


No comments: