Monday, June 28, 2010

Garmin and Crank Brothers Customer Service

If you are on the mailing list for the icup email list, a few weeks ago you may have seen an email announcing that a garmin 705 had been found after the Draper race. Oh, and it had been run over by a car.

Well, that was my garmin. I must have left it on top of my car when I drove away. BRILLIANT!!!!

As it turns out, I was lucky to retrieve it. Garmin was very cool when I called them. Even though it was out of warranty, for a very small fee, they replaced my Garmin.

In the same week, I broke a wing coming down dry canyon on my Crank Brothers Candy 4ti pedals. Crank Brothers repaired the pedals at no charge--even without a sales receipt.

Credit where credit is due. Impressive customer service.

2 comments:

Pitcherpost said...

Nice, I love hearing about good customer service. I feel like I can make purchases and not get worked by the companies should "something" happen.

Zach

Keith said...

Quite!