Monday, December 14, 2009

Winter Accidents

This is what the mirror normally looks like on my wife's car.


Here is what the mirror looks like after driving down the freeway and a snow shovel blew out of the truck in front of her and obliterated her passenger side mirror. Pretty scary thinking how bad this could have been.


The wife of my good friend Aaron O. had an accident the following day.


She slid into a tree.


It wasn't a small tree. It took three people to move the tree. Check out the girth of the trunk.


Cost of my new mirror $300. Cost of Aaron's repairs (new hood, bumper, fender, and repair the bent frame) $10k +

Ouch.


Today I get to meet with Dan to talk about some bike coaching/training. I'll post about it. I'm excited and think it can help me.

3 comments:

South County Ciclista said...

I just drove to Denver in the snow storm and drove home from denver yesterday in the snow storm. Glad I don't have any pictures for you to post.

Pitcherpost said...

Yikes, lucky no one got hurt. I saw a car that had driven off a small bridge this morning almost into a river. Driving is dangerous.

kajohnson said...

Just ride your bike instead!?