Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December

It just doesn't seem right that December is here and the bike riding is still in full swing. I'm grateful that the lunch crowd has let me tag along on their rides. It has been a huge benefit to me to ride with people that are better than me. I am pushed everytime I ride with them. I am happy to take on the role of the lanterne rouge. Little by little I am getting faster--I have lost five pounds since I started attending the lunch meetings.

I fully anticipated that most riders would be swamped and not riding on Monday, the day after Thanksgiving break. Not the case. I met up with Kris to start defining a new trail. In the short time up on the trail, I ran into Kenny, Rick M, Adam, and Aaron.

Kris and I are excited about the potential of this new trail. Let me rephrase - I'm excited and Kris is beyond excited - Christmas came early for him. We believe that we have found a good route for the ascent and descent (even for the SS's). Kris' post does a good job summarizing the route and work that needs to be done.


2 comments:

Ricky said...

i saw kris at the range parking lot after our rides last night. he was so excited about your discovery that he was stuttering. it may have been that he was freezing—it was cold up there. we’re expecting you to be in tomorrow’s lunch meeting. agenda tba.

29er said...

Cool, now I don't have to go buy Kris anything for Christmas!