Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Disgusted and Disgruntled

I'm fed up with all the crap that is going in the economy.
  • Stock market downward spiral.  The SEC needs to wake up and do something about these short sellers who are smashing the financial sector.  The fear and anxiety they have created will continue to drive the markets down.  Most of America is sitting around in shock right now as their retirement accounts have dropped 30-40% and wondering if they should cash out.  
  • Bank Auditors.  There are 36 auditors sitting in the bank that I use right now.  They are making life miserable for me and every other person who has borrowed from the bank.  I had a conversation with a VP of a different bank yesterday and he told me that 90% of the bank's actions and decisions are driven by these auditors.  Bottom line - I know the auditors are doing their jobs, but long term, quality borrowers/bank customers are being thrown under the bus.  I don't think this market is going to turn around until these auditors allow the banks to start making loans again.
  • Bailouts. I'm ticked off at the bailout for AIG.  I believe that it had to happen--it would have been catastrophic without a bailout, but I don't like the federal reserve messing around with these bailouts.  
  • Politics. Lets get this election over with.  This country needs to have some stability starting at the top.
People are motivated and act out of greed or fear.  In less than one year, the pendulum has completely swung from greed all the way to fear.

On a lighter note, I rode the alpine loop this afternoon--Provo side.  The leaves are absolutely beautiful.  What a great time of year to ride.

My legs felt rusty.  It felt good to climb again and open up the lungs.  An afternoon rainstorm had just come through so I was extra cautious on the way down.

My new bike is on its way!! More details & pics to come. Get out and ride.  It's to nice not to be riding.

No comments: