Friday, September 5, 2008

Bring on the pain

Tomorrow is LOTOJA!! Everybody asks if I'm ready--I feel ready.  I know it is going to be painful. I'm not sure what a reasonable goal is--I will be happy to finish.  If I had to pick a number, I would be thrilled to finish in 12 hours.

I picked up some supplies at Mad Dog yesterday.  The nice lady who helped me had done LOTOJA six times. I have a lot of respect and admiration for those who can continually accomplish things like that.

I'm not changing a whole lot about my bike or what I eat, but I did pick up a Gel Bot.  The bottle provides an internal gel container.  You have the option of taking a drink or a shot of gel.

The cost was $16.  I can already tell that the plastic bottle is one of those that you don't want to put your water in too early before your ride or it will quickly start tasting like the plastic bottle. 

I will use the Gel Bot on LOTOJA and see how it works.

I replaced the tires on my bike.  I like ride Maxxis Courchevels for races.  I also ride the Maxxis fly tubes.  I have to admit that I haven't tried a lot of different tires, but I sure to like the Courchevels.

Good luck to all riding LOTOJA.  

Kris, by the way, LOTOJA called and asked if you would come volunteer on the security detail for the race.  They have a t-shirt and a window sticker for you. ;)

4 comments:

KanyonKris said...

I volunteered to handle transfers for them, but never heard from them. So now they want me for security? Sounds good! I'll be sure to let all LOTOJA poachers know where I will be stationed so I can get them on the course trouble free. ;-)

KanyonKris said...

Oh, I hope LOTOJA goes well for you.

UtRider said...

Good luck! If you can get your hands on an extra sticker I think it would be funny to put it on Kris' car and see how long it takes somebody to ask him about his LOTOJA ride. Between you and me I think he'll enter the lottery for 2009. If for no other reason than it will give him another chance to ride with double shorts!

Maycock Family said...

Good Luck Miles!! We hope you have an awesome ride!