Friday, September 26, 2008

Another visit up Betty's

Today I did the same ride as my last post except I continued further on the aquaduct road to trail 33--It may have a name, but I don't know it.  It leads you up to the altar just like betty does. 

I was amazed at the temperature today.  It was hot and baking on the aquaduct road.

After dropping down into intersection with dry canyon, I noticed a new sign since I rode this trail on Tuesday.  Maybe an eagle scout project?? 

The sign said that the trail to curly springs also continued to battle creek.  Is this correct?  
I have never gone beyond curly springs.  Does it really go across the face of baldy into battle creek?  





1 comment:

KanyonKris said...

Nice ride. It's fun to explore up there, isn't it?

The trail you went up to the Altar is called Frank (at least by me and Adam and some others).

It's nice to see that new sign. Curly Spring trail does indeed go over to Battle Creek. It follows that angled bench you can see from the valley. I have only come down Curly Spring after doing Timp Perimeter, but I'd like to climb it some day. Chris Holley has climbed it and he said it's not bad, but a long climb. If you'd like some company, let me know.