Monday, August 30, 2010

PCPP Recon - Round Valley

Let me start out by saying that Park City has some of the most heavenly singletrack I've ever ridden. The abundance of trails and perfect temperatures makes me want to move to PC. Today was the final recon ride prior to the PCPP on Sept. 4. Dave B., Rico, Evil Banks, Derron, and I did the round valley section. We were rained on a few times, but the trails remained in great condition.

Leg 1, Part 1 - Fast Fast Fast. The gradient never gets very steep and for the most part, the trail is buffed and fast. Nothing very technical. Lots of places to pass.

Leg 1, Part 2, (I think its called Skid Row) was some more heavenly singletrack. Rarely do I give props to a climb, but this was a fun fast climb. Passing other riders through this part will be a challenge.

Leg 1 Part 3, I bailed out to get back to home responsibilities, but Rico and Dave made the climb to Silver lake. I had done this part a few weeks ago.

Leg 1 Part 4. I consider this really to be part of Leg 2. The climb up sunset and the rest of Leg 2 is where the elevation gets serious. Leg 1 - Parts 1,2,3 are fast and enjoyable--never any serious climbing.




Update - Still waiting for the Niner. This is like waiting for a kid to be born. Can I give revolution some pitocin? (They are a good bike shop--I'm just impatient.)

1 comment:

South County Ciclista said...

I still have not ridden the round valley part. Oh well, I will just try and follow all of you through that part.