Thursday, August 5, 2010

3 week countdown - Niner Air Carbon

Yes, the PCPP is 3 weeks away. However, that isn't what I'm referring too.

Revolution called yesterday and said they needed a few questions answered. 1. Do I still want the vana white Niner Air Carbon? 2. If I could get the Air Carbon in Tang earlier, would I want it? 3. (less important right now) What do I plan on running for the bottom bracket.

My answers
1. Yes, I still want the bike. 2. Hmmmmmmmm - Hard decision. 3. BB30

Revolution explained that I could have a tang frame in 3 weeks. The whites, because of tons of orders, would come sometime in the future.

I ran up to revolution today and checked out a medium tang that they were building up. The color was awesome in person as the stock photos were less than impressive. After seeing an actual bike, the decision was easy. I switched to the tang.



I've been picking up parts for months for my vana white niner. Now that it is tang, I'd prefer to have a black fork, but have already purchased this white one. Black 29er forks, w/ a tapered steerer, and 9mm drop outs are apparently rare and expensive. I did order one of the niner rigid carbon forks so that I can easily swap between rigid and travel.


With my luck, the niner will show up Monday after the PCPP. That's ok if it does--I'm beyond excited for it.

4 comments:

South County Ciclista said...

Buenisimo! I like the tang. I also dig the white fox fork, don't try and change it. It screams FAST!!!!

Jason McGrew said...

NIce.. That ride will be sick. Not to mention you will love the Niner Carbon fork. I have been running mine for a little over a month now and it is smooth like butter!

You riding SS or Geared for the PCP2P?

Miles: said...

McGrew - Riding geared for PCPP - I'm a big wuss.

Rick Sunderlage said...

Miles- you made the right call. Tang is a cool color. I agree with Brandon. White fork with Tang frame would be very cool. A little mismatch is a good thing.