Sunday, October 18, 2009

Utah Cyclocross Race #3





The race went well on Saturday. I worked myself near the front for the start of the race and was able to keep up with the leaders for most of the race. I had my helmet camera mounted underneath my seat videotaping the riders behind me. Unfortunately the camera mount broke coming down Mount Heber on the second lap. Luckily a rider behind me told me the camera fell off and I was able to retrieve it after the race. I don't know why, but the video clip was unreadable--quicktime couldn't parse it.

The course had one run-up named Mt. Heber. There was also one set of three barriers. The course designer threw in several hairpin turns--many more than the Weber County Fairgrounds course. With the section of Mud, the course felt slower than Weber.

I rode on the tails of the leaders for most of the race, but eventually they put a gap into me. I ended up 7th this time. There were some sections of mud on the course. I did manage to grab some cash from slyfox.

I'm out of town the next weekend and will miss the Draper race. Halloween at Wheeler Farm is next on the list.


1 comment:

kajohnson said...

Looks like fun! Good Job!