Tuesday, October 13, 2009

In observance of Columbus Day

I was able to borrow my neighbors Reynolds KOM rims and take them for a spin up the Alpine Loop (Provo Side) on Monday. With the rims on my bike, and removing the saddle bag, my bike weighed in at 14.5 lbs. I really enjoyed riding the rims. They felt light and accelerated up the hills well. The rims were mounted with Conti sprinters that gripped well on the corners and provided a smooth comfortable ride. I have yellow swiss stop pads on my bike and wow, the stopping power was sweet.



Check out this video from last Saturday's cross race-Men's elite. Watch long enough to see Ali carry enough momentum to bunny hop 2 barriers on the uphill.

2 comments:

KanyonKris said...

Impressive he could get the bike over those barriers. But watching the video I still don't get the excitement for cross - I even tried it once.

Miles: said...

Indeed- impressive bunny hops. I guess that's the cool thing about biking - There is a style and type of riding for everyone.