Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Product Review: Awesome Strap

Rick gave me a tip on the awesome strap by backcountry research.

So, why would I pay $9-12 when I can get a strap at Kirkhams for a buck ninety five? The difference is in the details. The awesome strap does exactly what it claims - It holds securely your co2, multitool, and spare tube. I emphasize the secure part. When it is cinched down, it doesn't move at all.

This is an excellent option to carrying your parts in a back pocket, camelback, or saddle bag.


4 comments:

Jay Dub said...

I have one of these, and I brush it with my thighs on my downstroke. After one ride the velcro had almost worn a hole in the shorts I was wearing.

I like the idea of the thing, but I'm just not sure if you have thighs big as anything it'll work. Maybe I was just doing it wrong.

bjchild said...

I just ordered one today. Hopefully it will shave a few grams and help for when we climb those switchbacks again. I'm going to start filling my water bottle up 1/2 way too for the lunch rides (I mean races).

Anonymous said...

Ordered mine last night. These are going to become the next "in" thing. You will have to have one to be one of the cool kids.

Dave said...

I got one last year and LOVE it. It holds everything super tight and there's no rattling around with your multi-tool and co2 cartridge