Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Grass Roots Politics

It's that time of year for neighborhood caucuses. At the lunch ride today we held the caucus. 4 members of the single speed party (Brad, Rick, Kenny, and myself) were present and 1 of the geared party (Justin). I'm happy to report that all decisions were done in a bi-partisan manner.

After a heated discussion, we elected a delegate (Kenny) and he decided we would ride the race course and then the switchbacks north of dry canyon BST (I want to call that trail switchblade, but I'm sure other names will pop up).

It was great to participate in this political process at a grass roots level.


6 comments:

KanyonKris said...

Plenty of grass roots there.

When I clicked on the map I was disappointed there wasn't a larger version to view. But I've got a pretty good idea where you went.

Those Switchblade trails are pretty nice. I was impressed how far up it went - high and north enough I could see Battlecreek.

I know part of that lower trail - I'll have to do the whole thing next time.

Miles: said...

Kris, I'll try to put up a better jpg.

Is it time to start work on the new trail?

KanyonKris said...

Yes, I think it would be good to work on it, especially after seeing the new Switchblade trails. I'll send you an e-mail and we can arrange a date/time.

Anonymous said...

Great ride. Even if I was the only "Conservative" one out there today...

Rick Sunderlage said...

Good stuff. I'm heading out again during lunch today. Probably do a similar route. Let me know if you are in.

South County Ciclista said...

Looks like fun. I have been missing out.