Friday, August 22, 2008

Product Reviews

I have been a fan of the eload heat for a few months.  I decided to try their recovery drink.  After my 50 miler today, I mixed up 8 oz.  It was horrible.  Whey protein with orange flavoring is a bad combo.  The search for a decent recovery drink will continue.

I thought I would mention some of the products that I have recently been trying.

The first product is sports legs.  I had a few sample packs and gave them a try on the tour of Utah and some training rides.  They didn't upset my stomach.  The only catch is that you have to remember to take them an hour before the ride--I'm not sure what would happen if you didn't.  I will continue to use them in different combination with other supplements.

The other thing I tried on the tour of Utah was putting down a packet of real salt.  I had some sample packs.  I'm sure it didn't enhance my performance other than helping prevent cramps.

During my ride on
 the tour of Utah, here is what I ate on the bike and what I ate at the support vehicle.  In order to stay properly hydrated, 
I would try to finish two waterbottles ever 25 plus or minus miles.

Pre-Race:
Banana
Yogurt
Water

Bike:
Jelly Belly sport beans - watermelon and orange
Honey stinger gels
Water
eLoad Heat Endurance drink

Truck:
Gatorade
Peanut Butter Jelly
Watermelon
Coke
Red Bull (this was for snowbird climb)
Chocolate Milk (at the finish--sorry Todd, I love the stuff)

One more week to train hard and then taper for LOTOJA.  I feel prepared and am  anxious to get the race done.  Hopefully there isn't any of the white stuff on Sept. 6















1 comment:

kajohnson said...

Thanks for the product reviews. I am heading out for a century tomorrow morning. Hope the knees hold up. KJ