Wednesday, August 6, 2008

New Gear & Gadgets

I took a quick ride up the alpine loop today.  It was the first time back on the bike since the Tour of PC.  I have to admit, my rear end was still a bit sore.  I had intentions to ride up to Snowbird, but I ran out of time and had to do something close.

I was sporting some new gear and gadgets.
1. My new edge 705.  It works awesome, except for the syncing issues that I am having.  My 305 had a sweet autostart feature.  I cannot find this on my 705.  Drop me a note if you know how to turn this on in the 705.  
2. New Giordana bib shorts.  After my wreck a couple of weeks ago, I bought some new bibs.  I'm still a fan of the Pearl Izumi's over these Giordanas.
3. New Descente base layer.  I can't tell if it is any better or worse than the pearl izumi base layers that I wear.  
4. Rasberry Hammergel.  It tasted ok, but nowhere as good as a honeystinger.  Until I find something that significantly enhances my performance, or tastes better than a honeystinger, I am sticking to the honey and jelly beans--Do I sound like yogi the bear?

I keep reading about all of the Leadville 100 riders.  I wish them all luck and hope they all return with sweet belt buckles.

I am planning on a final large ride on Friday in preparation for the Tour of Utah.  Sunday, I plan on driving the mountain passes of the LOTOJA course.  

1 comment:

Eat Sleep MTB said...

Did you get your's to synch? I had trouble with mine at first, because windows just thought it was a mass storage device. Finally I just found the driver and installed it manually, then it worked.