Friday, August 29, 2008

8 Days to LOTOJA


I'm wrapping my final rides before I begin to taper for LOTOJA.  Wednesday I rode from Francis up the Mirror Lake highway up to Bald Mtn. Pass.  On the return I continued up the river road to complete the 100 miles. It was one of those days where I just didn't feel right.  I sure hope that I feel better at LOTOJA.

If you are one of the few who look at the blog regularly, you have probably seen a pic like this before.  This is the summit of Bald Mtn. Pass.  This has become one of my favorites rides.  The scenery is awesome, the road is in fairly good shape, the traffic is not too heavy during the week, and there is usually a tail wind pushing you up to the summit (unless you come up from evanston).  

Two of my kids somehow have contracted giardia.  The doc thinks it may have come from Utah lake. Wherever it came from, my poor kids have it coming out from both ends and my wife is at the end of her rope cleaning up the mess.

 


2 comments:

Utah Mnt biker said...

You should try Wolf Creek sometime less traffic and just as good as a climb.

Miles: said...

Thanks for the recommendation - where is wolf creek?

Miles