Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Product Review eLoad Heat Endurance

I've used the mandarin orange of the eload heat endurance formula for a several weeks. I base my review on a comparison to previous products that I have used such as Nuun, Mototabs, and Gu.  Here is my un-scientific review

Pros
  • The mandarin orange flavor tastes like a real drink.  You have had those drinks that taste like chemicals.
  • The powder completely dissolves quickly
  • Has a bunch of potassium and sodium.  Other drinks may have this also, but as I have used this on longer rides, I find that I am less prone to cramping.
Cons
  • The powder is not as convenient as tablets like nuun. 
  • This may be a bit picky, but I had to dump out half my cannister to get to the measuring scoop.
Summary
I will continue to try other products, but this is the what sits best.  A cannister is somewhat expensive priced at $44 but will last for a long time (bikesomewhere.com).  


Tour de France
The tour has been awesome this far.  I was hoping the american Will Frischkorn could pull off a stage win. Who is this guy?  Click here for his profile.

One of the best parts of the tour was watching the badger, Bernard Hinault, shove a protester off the podium.  I'm sure that youtube has the video of it.  There is apparently still a lot of fire left in the badger.


Provo Canyon Triple Play
I had a nice ride yesterday.  I decided to tackle Provo Canyon's three canyons.  I left from my provo office and went up the alpine loop - provo side.  I saw half a dozen roadies.  

Next, I went up South Fork.  It was an easy climb after the alpine loop.

Last was squaw peak.  It felt very hot climbing squaw peak.  

Almost 55 miles, and just under 4 hours of riding time.  I felt a lot better than when I did my big ride last week.  I attribute it to having the right drink and the fact that it was around 10 degrees cooler.

I did stop to admire and snap a picture of a buggy.  It looked like it was broken down and abandoned.





No comments: