Saturday, July 12, 2008

IKEA and some ramblings


Friday, I rode from my home in Lindon, up Provo Canyon, over the loop, down AF side, and back to my home.  It was the perfect time to ride.  Sundance had some delicous smells drifting across the road--Bacon being the dominant smell.  It was almost a 40 mile ride.  Lots of roadies out enjoying the ride.  At the summit of the loop, I met a guy who has just opened a bike shop in Saratoga Springs--Epic Riding.  Nice guy. He carries Giant and Scott.  He also shared some good tips for LOTOJA.

Friday night I went with my family to IKEA.  What a mistake.  Talk about a place packed
 with things that your wife thinks she needs and you know better.  Luckily we escaped with only a few pieces.  The cashier asked if we had seen the car that ran into the building.  So on the way out we took a look.  I have no idea how it happened, but there was some serious damage to what appeared to be a new SUV.

I rode Saturday with my friend Matt.  We left from his house in Cedar Hills and went up the loop AF side.  I can't believe how many cyclists were going up the road-train after train.  We rode with a bunch of guys including one rider decked out in fat cyclist apparel on a ferrazi bike.  

I rode the majority of the ride with two guys who were putting down a good pace.  One was on a litespeed and the other on a specialized.  I'm so bad with names, I already forgot their names.  The guy on the litespeed put the hammer down right after the last hairpin turn.  I worked hard to keep up with him.  

My friend Matt came rolling in shortly thereafter.  We did take note of the orange lamborghini cruising around the loop.

Monday I'm heading out to the green river to do some fly fishing.  We'll see how much fishing gets done--the Varsity Scouts are coming along.  




No comments: