Sunday, July 20, 2008

In the doghouse


Friday night was spent at the Father's & Sons campout with my two boys.  We had a fun time.  It is always a lot of work and effort, but it means a lot to my boys.  We went fishing and caught several fish.  My oldest son (8), learned how to cast (let me clarify--it was with a spinning rod.  True casting will come later with a fly rod.  The spinning rod thing is only temporary).

My brother Zach, who lives in Pittsburgh attending dental school, was in town for a class reunion.  He stopped by Saturday afternoon.  It was nice to see him and visit with him. 

Saturday night I went on a ride up the loop on Provo side.  Very few bikers, but a ton of traffic. As a result,  I took it a little slower on the way down.  It felt good to open up the lungs and to wake up the legs again.  These vacations make it hard to maintain a healthy diet and regular bike rides.

Before my ride on Saturday, my wife told me that she and her friend (who was visiting from Eugene Oregon) wanted to go to the mall.  I said no problem.  As soon as I started my ride, I totally forgot.  As I pulled in at 8:45 pm, she quickly let me know that I was in the doghouse.  I had totally spaced it.  I'm still trying to dig out of my hole.... I think it is going to take some time.


No comments: