Friday, July 18, 2008

Back in the saddle


No one was killed.  No serious injuries. No fights broke out. We even had a good time.  This is the order that I go through to judge a successful Varsity Scout high adventure.

We spent the last four days at flaming gorge boating on the dam and rafting the river.  I floated the "A" section of the river three times.  The caddis hatch just before dark was incredible.  The boys went down in rafts and inflatable kayaks while I was in my pontoon boat fly fishing all the way.  What a gorgeous place. 

While I was gone, I had racer's fix my bottom bracket.  I hope to get out on a ride shortly to see if the creaking sound is gone. I am down to crunch time for my training and events.  The tour of Park City is coming up quick.  

I am a huge fan of the Tour de France.  I have to say, what a disappointment to hear of Ricco and others who have been caught doping.  








No comments: