Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Whole Enchilada

Monday, was a day trip to Moab to ride the Whole Enchilada.  Many of you are familiar with Porcupine Rim.  Porcupine is the end of the whole enchilada.  The Whole enchilada has starts at the top of the Lasal Mountains and gives you a full day of descending from 11,000 ft down to 4,000.

I met this fellow at the Porcupine overlook.  He was a nice guy.  I had to use some "stealth spy" skills to snag this sweet photo.  I'll give props to anyone who gets out and rides a bike, but this guy was so fashionable that our group couldn't resist some good pokes - "That body armor will be the last thing that hits the ground" - "That's not body armor, it's a bib" "He ate the whole enchilada" etc....



The ride was spectacular.  From Burro Pass, we dropped down through the pines.



Then we rode through the aspens.


And then the red desert.





Great company.  Tons of fun.  Video on the way.

4 comments:

KanyonKris said...

This post was like a stake through my heart. I've wanted to do the enchilada this year. Now I've got another cold, my wife has a broken leg, etc.

But I'm glad you had a good time. Sob (can't decide if that's a verb or acronym).

That guy looks like the Tron Guy that used to appear on Letterman.

Dave said...

How is Porcupine on a HT?

Shawn said...

It was great riding with you guys. My Yeti really felt sorry for his Yeti.

Ike Ayre said...

My Rocky Mountain felt bad for my butt.
It was a great ride. Thanks for letting us tag along.