Thursday, October 28, 2010

And the winner is.........

A couple of days ago, a small contest was posted. Of the entries sent in, no one had all of the answers correct on their first try.  I found it strange that within seconds of each other, Brandon and Rick finally submitted the correct answers.  Brandon's guilt must have got to him as he admitted a collaboration with Rick to get the correct answers.  Rick quickly pointed out that the "rules were clear... there were no rules".
To determine a winner, a race between Rick and Brandon will be held--maybe tonight at the Hell-o-ween ride.  Hopefully they put a serious amount of hurt on each other.

Answers:
1. Dave B.
2. Ricky M.
3. Rick S.
4. Kenny
5. Kenny's Bike he loans out
6. Dan Z.
7. Jon S.
8. Doug
9. Brandon
10. Rob R.
11. Brandon
12. Miles

A quick story about pic #11.  When we were riding the "whole enchilada" in Moab, Jason W. walked up to Brandon and asked, "Hey Brandon, what are these?"  He thought they were some new hi-tech bike part.  

7 comments:

KanyonKris said...

Hell-O-Ween is tonight? I thought it was Friday. Glad you mentioned it.

I assumed photo #11 was about the chipped paint, but the unused V brake studs make sense.

Two of our bikes have those which reminds me of a story. I converted my wife's bike to disc brakes and took those studs out. At a race the fork started leaking oil. Ryan, the mechanic at Revolution, informed me the studs hold the fork together. Ooops. He found some parts to get the fork working again and I put the studs back in when we got home.

They make a bolt to replace the stud, but most people just leave the studs.

Rick Sunderlage said...

Damn you Miles....You are going to make me hurt.

South County Ciclista said...

Double stakes at the race tonight. See you there.

Rick Sunderlage said...

Hey Brandon. Will you be racing as "Jesse" tonight or "Brandon"? I need to know who I'm up against.

South County Ciclista said...

Rick - Although "Jesse" is faster, Jesse is feeling a little under the weather.

South County Ciclista said...

Jesse doesn't like 26" wheels

Jason said...

My guess was that those things were mounts for his kiddie trailer or some kind of rack - didn't cross my mind they were brake studs. One of several good laughs on the day.