Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Rejected

To my dismay, I did not make it into leadville. I told myself I would be happy to get in, and relieved if I didn't get in. Now that I know, I feel quite disappointed. Don't the organizers know that I ordered the "leadville 100 special edition" Niner carbon air fully anticipating my acceptance into the race? I guess I'll have to rename the bike. Time to search for another race - PCPP, Laramie, Butte???

Pics from recent riding -

Alpline loop up to Aspen Grove.

My oldest son is finally tall enough to ride his road bike.

6 comments:

Aaron said...

Sorry you didn't get in. You have some good backups though. I've reg'd for P2P, and I'm leaning toward trying Butte... or maybe Breck 100.

KanyonKris said...

Bummer. I'm sure you'll find something to fill the gap. But no fun having hopes dashed.

kajohnson said...

:( Sorry!

South County Ciclista said...

Miles hurry and register with all of us for he PCP2P. I would also be up for hte Breck 100. That has been on my to do list. Let me know. I will bring my road bike tomorrow. Lets ride.

Ricky said...

Double rejection--I didn't get in either. The only difference is that I didn't apply. Leadville's waaay overrated;)

Let's celebrate by doing Squaw Peak tomorrow (Thursday) at 12:30. The ride to the lookout was perfect today. Tomorrow we're taking the left fork to the end of the road.

Zachary said...

too bad, 2012 here we come!!!