Thursday, October 9, 2008

Tibble Fork via Pine Hollow loop

I had a nice ride on Wednesday.  I decided to avoid the alpine loop traffic and do a mtn. bike ride.  I parked at tibble fork res. and went up the pavement to Pine Hollow.  I tried my best to ride the uphill on my SS, but ended up walking some sections.  

I had never been down to tibble fork from 157 before.  What an awesome downhill.  It has a bit of everything - banked turns, technical rock and root sections, a few mud holes, sharp hairpins, etc.  It was a bit rough on a fully rigid SS, but not too bad.

The above photo is from the meadow half way down the tibble fork trail.

2 comments:

KanyonKris said...

Up Pine Hollow on a SS? Ouch! It's tough on a geared bike.

Try the same route but take Mud Springs - it's good too, maybe better than Tibble (I know, blasphemy).

Miles: said...

Kris,
I will try that next time - thanks for the recommendation.

Hope your feeling better. If you ever ride in the week in the afternoon, let me know I would enjoy someone to ride with.