Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Its been a while

Yah, its been a while since I posted.  I've been doing some riding but not as much as I should.  I think there is a direct correlation between my posts and my fitness level.  I have been working on some bike projects.

I took my trek liquid, which has UST rims, and put on some panaracer fireproXC UST tires.  Then, with the help of some bontrager super juice, successfully inlated them.  They have held air for a week now.  

The next project will be to convert the 29er rims on the monocog.  I was talking to a guy at mad dog who told me that they don't use stan's.  They use a ghetto way for the rim strips--they will take a 26" tube, cut it down the middle and put it on the 29 rim as the rim strip.  Some trimming on the edges is necessary, but he said it works great.  I'm going to give it a try.

I have been doing some night rides on the BST.  The first few nights I only had a handle bar light that barely lit the trail.  Last night I rode with a head lamp.  It helped a ton.  The only downside was that the headlamp slipped off my helped and whipped down onto the crown of my nose.  It hurt, but I didn't think much about it.  This morning I looked in the mirror and I look like a racoon - I'm black and blue around my eyes.

I ordered the lighting set up that Kanyon Kris has been experimenting with.  I am anxious to use it.  The weather has been phenomenal.  3 years ago, I was skiing on halloween at Brighton in waist deep powder.  This year, I plan on golfing and biking on halloween.

I've been quietly accumulating some biking parts for my next project.

SHHHHHHHH

2 comments:

UtRider said...

Do you mean 26" tube? I've been thinking of trying that with my 29er as it's not currently setup tubeless either.

Miles: said...

Thanks - yes it is a 26 tube, not tire.
I think I'll have time tonight and am going give it a try.