Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Mid Afternoon Meeting

First post of the new year.

Biking Resolutions for the new year:
1. Ride a lot.
2. Beat Rick S. (if I can't do it on the bike, then maybe a game of uno)
3. Do a race that I have never done before - in a competitive category, not just citizen group.
4. Lotoja and Leadville (assuming I get in)

We had a mid afternoon meeting today. I rode with Ricky M., Kenny, and Mike Y. up squaw peak road today. To be honest, I rode with them for a little bit. They flew up the snow packed road and I did my best to minimize the gap. I was the odd man out, as they were all on SS 29ers and I showed up with a full suspension 26". The ride down was a blast watching everyone eat it on the way down - especially Kenny.

Winter Training - Last Week
Monday - 1 Hr Bike Trainer - 1 Point
Tuesday - 1 Hr. Bike Trainer - 1 Point
Wednesday - 1 Hr. Bike Trainer - 1 Point
Thursday
Friday - 45 Min. Bike Trainer 1 Point
Saturday - 45 Min. Bike Trainer 1 Point

Total for week - 5 Points

Here is Coach Dan's point system.

The points start over every week. Each day is worth up to a max of 3 points Only 6 days a week count for points (you have to take at least one day a week off) Points are earned doing only aerobic activities as follows: (weight lifting is cool, but no points for it)

1 point for each:
1 hour of outdoor cycling
1 hour of hiking, snowshoeing, or backcountry skiing
45 minutes of indoor cycling (trainer or spin class)
45 minutes of cross country skiiing
30 minutes of running
30 minutes of swimming

At the end of the week if you scored at least 1 point over 4 consecutive days, total points for the week are multiplied by 1.25 (25% bonus). If at least 1 point was earned over all 6 days, total weekly points are multiplied by 1.5 (50%) bonus. No fractions of points. So if you ride for 90 minutes, you get 1 point. You have to complete the 2nd hour to get the second point. With that said, riding 3 hours every day gives you 18 points, plus the bonus puts the total max points for a week at 27.

3 comments:

Ricky said...

Fun ride today. Heck of a workout!
I want a piece of Rick S too. I think I can take him at backgammon. We're heading back up SP tomorrow. Time is tbd.

Miles: said...

I'm up for a ride again on Wed. I'll be better prepared. My schedule works better 11-12 or 3. I have meetings in the mid afternoon.

Rick Sunderlage said...

You need to set your goals much, much higher. I'm pretty damn good at UNO though.