Sunday, September 27, 2009

Betty, Lament, Area 51, Dry Canyon

I finally got out the single speed and went for a night ride on Sat. night. I went up the BST to Betty's, Lament, Area 51, and then dropped down dry canyon and returned home. This was my first ride with my trust fire flashlights (thanks to KanyonKris for the recommendation). I was impressed. I had one on my handlebars and one on my helmet.


My helmet cam was a bit disappointing. The video I shot was pretty much worthless. I'll save the helmet cam for day rides.

I forgot how much I enjoy my single speed even though it weighs 30 pounds. I don't even mind the fully rigid setup. The ghetto tubeless setup is still working for me.

I ran into a couple from my neighborhood, John & Esther, up on the BST. They were just finishing a ride but decided to join me for a bit. Even though they turned back right before the altar, it was nice having someone to ride with for a bit.


1 comment:

KanyonKris said...

Nice route. And glad the lights are working out for you.