Friday, September 18, 2009

Alpine Loop

I rode the Alpine Loop (Provo side) this morning-- another amazing morning. There were some low clouds at the mouth of Sundance canyon. The sun was pushing through the cloud which made a pretty cool vista riding up the loop.


I had some friends who had started 25 min in front of me. It was fun to have some people to chase to try and catch.

I wanted to get some video of the downhill--especially the fall colors. I tried my new helmet cam - contour hd. Unfortunately I had it pointed down a little too much. I did get some good footage of Todd A. as a truck ran him off the road on the descent. He locked his rear tire, released, went off into the ditch on the side, and amazingly rode it out. I was amazed.



Check out this photo from a guy riding LOTOJA - what kind of bike is that?



2 comments:

kajohnson said...

Wasn't he the neutral support? There were a few of them. Some I am sure were neutral support.

Pitcherpost said...

You should come out to memphis in November, you'll have your second dose of fall colors in one year. I guess that's one silver lining.